Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Times
GMT

CET

EST

CST

MST

PST
Similar topics
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Special Achievements
June 2009
Calendar Contest winner: Bebisita
June 2009
1st 7Dragons Baby
Top posters
Linwe (365)
Dual Blade guide Vote_lcapDual Blade guide Voting_barDual Blade guide Vote_rcap 
Mythica (290)
SoonLight (236)
IceWolf (140)
Bebisita (90)
Bebisito (88)
Leona (76)
IceeBlue (64)
NornBear (51)
Natsuki (41)

Latest topics
» Jungle Ruin Maps
Dual Blade guide EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 pm by IceWolf

» Public Quest - Chapter 1 Rotflesh Trench
Dual Blade guide EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:37 pm by Leona

» Tournaments are back!!!
Dual Blade guide EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 pm by IceWolf

» Bye bye for Now Folks, Going on a TW adventure
Dual Blade guide EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:12 am by Mythica

» Thymne here
Dual Blade guide EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:06 am by Sicarus

Dual Blade guide

3 posters

:: Help :: Guides

Go down

Dual Blade guide Empty Dual Blade guide

Post  IceWolf Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 am

IceWolf
IceWolf
Admin

Characters
Main: IceWolf
Alt 1: HekiDanjo
Alt 2: AIkony

Back to top Go down

Dual Blade guide Empty Thanks for this!

Post  Nanayo Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 pm

Hmmmm...need to start pumping a bit more into CON, but I'm not as terrible as I thought I was. Ah well...more offensive powah is never a bad thing.

Skills'll need a bit of refining...but at least I'd gathered that Aeolian Blade was good right off the bat. XD
Nanayo
Nanayo

Characters
Main: Nanayo
Alt 1: XxLady_XelxX
Alt 2:

Back to top Go down

Dual Blade guide Empty Re: Dual Blade guide

Post  FallenMoon Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

I'll start by saying that I have not played a BM to any significant level. I have heard from a number of BMs though.

I would question the "add vitality" (or CON as it's called there). I can say from facing many high level BMs that the scariest ones are not the ones with slightly higher HP (as adding 1 vit per level gives), but the ones with maximized attack and hitrate.

Very often I hear BMs say to take Vitality to 50 and leave it there, some say 20.

Another reason to be cautious, beyond my initial distrust of the stats in the guide is the passage on "why we want to go for blade?"
"Because Axe wielders suck in pking Archers due to Archers high dodge rate, and axe wielders can only add less than 55 or 60 Agi, because they need high STR for Axe. This makes them extremely hard to pk an Archer. Even though there is 50% accuracy increased Ring."

This is wrong, I play an 89 Archer, and I can say with confidence that axe BMs are some of the hardest BMs to fight. Why? because archers can generally 4-5 shot most (non-barb) characters, and with the arsenal of stuns an axe BM can unleash, that barrage of heavy hits often just doesnt have time to finish the job.

Furthurmore "axe wielders can only add less than 55 or 60 Agi" [dex] again, inaccurate, axe wielders require 3 stat points per level allocated to strength, if they get enough HP from items the remaining 2 points per level can go straight into dexterity, 3-2 is a very potent build for BMs. Also.. archers generally do not use dodge soulstones, HP socketting is so much more valuable.

I personally do not know the advantages of dual blade, so I won't comment on that, except to say that your choice is not final -- and a lot of BMs tend to have a secondary weapon choice, so keep that in mind. A lot tend to go Axe (for stuns) and then their other more damage orientated choice.

To conclude I would say that this is probably a good guide, but its author might be a little inexperienced in PVP, and probably hasnt experimented with many stat builds (both of the recommended stat builds are actually identical -- assuming this is a mistake though) or weapon types.

FallenMoon

Back to top Go down

Dual Blade guide Empty Re: Dual Blade guide

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down